Generally, the electrical system on the e-bike is water-resistant and is designed to tolerate riding in normal rain. However, it is recommended not to leave the e-bike unnecessarily exposed to prolonged downpours, so as to avoid condensation in the display and other electrical components.
You can ride your electric bike in rain by taking proper measures:
- Use fenders. It will keep the rain off you and your e-bike.
- Wear waterproof jackets, shoes and pants to make sure your ride is comfortable.
- Use a waterproof backpack, or shoulder bag to prevent your stuff from getting wet.
- Use lights for safety (Consider adding a blinking light on your helmet, rack, handlebars, or backpack).
- Lower your tire pressure to give your bike a better grip.
- Clean your e-bike after completing your ride.
Notes: 1. Submerging an e-bike in water may lead to permanent damage to the motor, battery or electrical components. 2. Riding in the rain may be dangerous due to slippery or wet road conditions.