Moov8 is an Australian electric personal mobility vehicle company. We manufacture, import and distribute the next-generation reliable electric Bikes, Scooters and Trotter MAGWheel made to Australian Standards.
Moov8 (“Moov8” or “We” or “Us”) manages the information that We collect from You in accordance with all applicable privacy legislation in Australia.
Moov8 collects information when a customer makes a transaction on our mobile applications and websites (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications, You have with us.
Collection of personal information
The information that We collect may include (but is not limited to):
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your date of birth
- Photos of You
- Identification and authentication documents such as passport, driving license, working rights, proof of age card, education ID card, bank statement, Medicare card, utility bill, etc.
- Other contact information, including email
- Location information
- Demographic information such as postcodes
- Payment details including but not limited to credit/debit card and bank account details
- Other information relevant to the customisation of Services
- Information about your business or personal affairs
- Other information relevant to client surveys and/or promotions
- As with most platform businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of internet cookies, your communications with our Services, the type of browser You are using, the type of operating system You are using and the domain name of your internet service provider
- We may receive personal information from third parties or other sources about You; and
- Any other information requested by us or provided by You
Use of your personal information
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify and validate the customer’s identification and authentication
- to provide information, products, and services to You
- to resolve the issues customers may have with us
- to investigate and validate customer’s compliance with the Moov8 terms and conditions
- to perform internal operations
- to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our products and services
- to be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, provided for use by third-party service providers to Moov8, and to respond to any enquiry You make.
- for internal record-keeping
- to market our Services including but not limited to circulating promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which we think You may find interesting
- to contact You for market research purposes
- to personalize and improve the Services, including providing or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements
- for the purposes of direct marketing to You
- to customise the Services according to your interests
- to customise documents according to your need.
- With third parties to provide You a service You requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us
- With the general public if You submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public
- With third parties with whom You choose to let us share information and
- to provide or arrange internal or external verification services
If We collect, use or disclose any information from You that is sensitive information, for example, information in relation to police checks, then it will only be used for the purpose that it is collected for.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let You share actions You take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings You establish with the social sharing service.
Our Services are restricted to individuals eighteen (18) years of age and older. Should You have knowledge that any customer is under the age of eighteen (18), it is your duty to inform us immediately.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Controlling your personal information
Providing us with your personal information is optional to You. You can choose not to provide personal information. If You don’t provide us with the information requested by us, it may mean that We cannot provide all of our Services to You.
Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about You as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If You have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, You may change your mind at any time by contacting us, details are below.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about You in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If You would like a copy of the information which we hold about You, please email us. We reserve the right to refuse to provide You with information that we hold about You, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Moov8 may use “cookies” to help You personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements. Cookies allow web applications to respond to You as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs and preferences by collecting and remembering information about You.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save You time. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse information about web/app page traffic and improve our website/app by tailoring it to your needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes only, following which the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide You with a better Service, by enabling us to monitor which pages You find useful and which You do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about You, other than the data You provide to us.
We may use ad technology such as web beacons (a small, often-transparent graphic image that is used to monitor the behaviour of a user visiting a website (also referred to as web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) to track your use of our Services and to customize the advertisements that are provided to You both on and off of the Services as well as to provide research to advertisers. We use these technologies to better deliver targeted advertisements to You and to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but You can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if You prefer. If You choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Links to other websites
Protecting and maintaining personal information
We are committed to ensuring that the information You provide to us is secure with industry standard protocols and technology. We have physical, electronic and procedural security measures in place to prevent misuse and modification of your information under our control and to prevent any loss thereof.
No information transmitted over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that You transmit to us or receive from us.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and use.
In light of this, You send us your personal information at your own risk. All information and data that is exchanged on the website/application is done so at your own risk. We do not guarantee the security or privacy of your personal information or data, including payment and account details.
You are responsible for keeping your passwords secure and protected.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
If you wish to access your personal information or request a correction to it, please contact us via email at [email protected]. We will endeavour to promptly respond to your request in accordance with applicable privacy laws. However, if your request pertains to information held by a third party, we may guide you to them.
The Privacy Officer
Post: Moov8 Pty Ltd, 21 Turb Dr., Coorparoo, 4151 QLD
Email: [email protected]
We treat all complaints with utmost seriousness and commit to addressing each complaint within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with the relevant privacy regulations.
If dissatisfied with the handling of a complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Email: [email protected]
If You have any questions or feedback or wish to know the way we manage personal information, please email us at [email protected]
Updated on 14 Nov. 2023