Proper care and maintenance are crucial to battery longevity. To help maintain capacity, range and life of the battery, you may follow these guidelines:
- When you change your e-bike battery for the first time, charge it for long 6-12 hours. It helps to condition the new battery cells.
- Do not drain/discharge the batteries to 0% regularly. Partial discharges with regular top-ups are recommended to extend the recharge-cycle lifespan of the battery.
- Occasionally charge 12-24 hours straight. It reverts to a trickle charge to help balance the battery cells.
- For the long-term storage, drain the battery about 50%-80% of its full capacity before storing. When the battery is not used for a long time, charge at least once every three months.
- Avoid exposing the battery to extreme temperatures both while using and charging to prolong the e-bikes battery life. The charging environment must be cool and dry. Please keep the battery between 15°C to 40°C under the condition of charging. Do not store below/above – 20 °C ~ 45 °C.
- Please use the original charger provided by the manufacturer. Pay attention to the battery type and the applicable voltage of the charger.